Tuesday 5 May 2015

Unable to Modify View: /_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=65001

So I received an email from one of my key stakeholder's a few days ago saying they were unable to modify a view as everytime they pressed OK on the Modify View page, there received a funny looking error:


ERROR:

The error below shows: _vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=65001 after the normal URL. Therefore something along the lines of: http://SharePointTest/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?CS=65001



After searching through the logs and finding various Trace logs in my ULS viewer, there wasn't quite much there to resolve my issue.

Something to note here is however, that I do have Server Publishing Feature activated.

RESOLUTION:

I searched a bunch of articles online and eventually found one mentioning about something called "Minimal Download Strategy" or MDS feature. On my site features, I happened to have this activated. I believe that is doesn't really work with items such as the Publishing Portal, Enterprise WIKI and Project Web App.



I de-activated this feature and suddenly, I was able to modify views and no error appears anymore.

This is a new feature in SharePoint 2013 and is automatically activated on Team Sites. This feature reloads parts of a page that have changed. When modifying the view, the whole page has changed and for some reason, throws up this error.



3 comments: